Thursday, September 21, 2017

MFT Card Design Superstar: Coloring Virtuoso




Hello everyone! Here is my second card for My Favorite Things 2017 Card Design Superstar challenge. I'm entering in the Coloring Virtuoso category.

I’ve started by stamping the images from Mermazing stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Neenah Solar white paper and coloring them using Copic markers before die cutting with their coordinating dies.






 Next I’ve started working on my background. I wanted to create the glow underwater effect. I used light markers to smoothly blur the background from center to edge so that the background seemed to glow from within.





Once my background was almost ready, i’ve added some splatters of silvery paint and some dots to add intersting texture.




Next, I cut out a small banner out of white cardstock using my paper trimmer and heat embossed the sentiment. I glued all the elements with foam tape and then mounted the panel on a white card base and added a few sequins as a final touch.

Thanks for stopping by! 




10 comments

  1. This is absolutely beautiful, Kristina! Good luck to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coloring skills are amazing, such a beautiful card. You deserve to win :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning cards both of them, your background and coloring are amazing! the mermaid background is just awesome! No doubts you'll be a MFT Superstar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Iritchie! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh!! Your definitely are a color virtuosa!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Marjorie! :)

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© lachristanel design. Design by Fearne.